Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Monday, October 19, 2015

Reap What You Sow - Ponderize - Week 3

Ever get a sense of the grandeur of God, a sense that fills you with absolute wonder and awe for His majesty, power, and infinite mercy?  I think with my recent visit to some beautiful national and state parks, my heart feels full and overflowing for all of creation.   I marvel that someone as insignificant as I has the incredible privilege of communing through prayer with one as glorious as Our Father in Heaven.  What an honor it is that He calls and trusts us to labor in His holy work!

Speaking of communicating with God....
For this week's scripture, I've had my thoughts reflect on the 6th section of the Doctrine and Covenants.  If I could chose all the verses of the entire section to ponder on, I would. The reason is because it speaks so personally to me. The first part of June of this year, I had been fasting and praying deeply about something weighing heavy on my heart.  One afternoon, when I had finished my prayers on this subject, an impression came to me, "Read D&C 6."  I'm not a scripture scholar and admit that I couldn't have told anyone off the top of my head what was in that section.  This made it all the more significant to me when I opened the pages to it and began to read. Every verse seemed to speak to my situation so perfectly. I love this section now so this is the one I'm sharing!  But just so there isn't an entire page to "ponderize" I'll narrow things down to verses 33 and 34:

"Fear not to do good, [Alicia], for whatsoever ye sow, that shall ye also reap; therefore, if ye sow good ye shall also reap good for your reward.  Therefore, fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail." - D&C 6:33-34

-Alicia

No comments: