Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

"Small and Simple" - Ponderize - Week 4

I have the privilage of attending World Congress of Families IX in Salt Lake City.  I'm surrounded by giants! They are all so inspiring and amazing.  It's completely humbling to say the least. I really don't know what I'm doing and I still wonder how I got mixed up with such a fine group of women. So often I think "what on earth do I even have to offer that they couldn't easily find anywhere else?"  I feel like a very tiny drop in a huge vast ocean.

Susan Roylance, who is a hero to this country (and to the world actually) spoke privately to our group this morning and said that she started out not knowing anything either (which I'm sure was far more knowledgable than I am now.) She said there were many times she felt completely alone and overwhelmed but promised that this was the work of God and encouraged us to trust in Him.

There is so much to be done in this battle to save the family, to help the world see the great need for virtue and fidelity, to protect and promote the sanctity of life and awaken children to their true idenity.  I appreciated the words Susan shared with us today.  She quoted briefly from the scriptures, about great things being accomplished by the small and simple.  With all of the insecurities and inadequacies that haunt me, I certainly feel small and about as plain and simple as it gets. I truly needed that reminder.  So needless to say, this will be the verse I ponder on for week four.

"By small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise." - Alma 37:6

-Alicia

No comments: