President Eyring testifies, "With a prayer of faith, God can grant us power in the priesthood for whatever circumstance we may be in. It simply requires that we ask in humility for the Spirit to show us what God would have us say and do, do it, and continue to live worthy of that gift.
I bear you my testimony that God the Father lives, loves us, and hears our every prayer. I bear testimony that Jesus is the living Christ, whose Atonement makes it possible for us to be purified and so be worthy of the companionship of the Holy Ghost. I testify that with our faith and diligence, we can one day hear the words that will bring us joy: 'Well done, thou good and faithful servant.' I pray that we will receive that wonderful benediction from the Master we serve."
How thankful I am for prayer. I add my testimony to President Eyring's. The Savior's atonement truly does make it possible for us to be purified and worthy of the Spirit in our life. To have His Spirit "always with us" is no small gift and I can't think of a greater companion to accompany us in our journey through this world.
In addition to these talks, I also heard a song on the radio called, "Lord I'm Ready Now." Just that title alone made me think of the hymn, "I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go." I said a silent prayer combining both of these titles as they penetrated deep into my heart, "Lord, I'm ready now and will go wherever you want me to go." This readiness to go wherever the Lord sees fit is something I have prayed long and hard for. So, to have this feeling wash over me was refreshing to my soul.
(Now, don't get me wrong... I'm not announcing that we're moving by any stretch of the imagination, who knows - we may live here another 10 or 15 years?) But it felt so good to be able to say, "I'm ready now."
Last night I laid in bed with each of my children and took turns scratching their backs. It's one of my favorite things to do with them at the end of the day. I cannot describe the feeling of contentment I had as I lay their and visited with each one. Afterward, I walked into the living room and knelt down next to my husband who was finishing his prayers. "What a good man" I thought to myself as gratitude flooded my soul for his righteous and humble heart. "What a sweet and full life I have!"
Our Father in Heaven truly hears our every prayer, I know this! I'm ready now... I have nothing to fear. :)
-Alicia
3 comments:
Alicia
When I think of that statement: Lord I am ready to go where you want me to Go, I get a mind picture of a child holding on to Jesus's outstretched hand.
This "going" is daily. Every day we can choose to grab hold of that hand, and go where he wants us to go.
Lately, I have prayed to know and to go and do what he wants me to do. I have had quite a few impressions concerning one of my new "bosses". She is a new wife, new mom and now a "new" girl boss. We have had the experience to work closely together for the last few months of summer and I feel that we have both found a shared respect for one another. Yesterday I was really impressed to share an inspirational quote with her. I struggled with that for a while, because I didn't want to waste her time, but I decided to do it anyway.
I have been reading Brene Brown's book "The Gifts of Imperfection" and it is really thought provoking and honest.
This quote stood out to me and has helped me to put things into perspective and remember to whom I serve:
"No matter what gets done and how much is left undone, I am enough. It's going to bed at night thinking "Yes, I am imperfect and vulnerable and sometimes afraid but that doesn't change the truth that I am also brave and worthy of love and belonging"
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens and empowers me
She really appreciated that quote and shared it with others at a meeting she went to.
thanks Alicia
Ramona,
That was a very sweet quote to share with your new boss. Im sure that when you shared this thought with her, it brought a great deal of comfort, especially with everything she was shouldering and trying to adjust to. "The Gifts of Imperfection" sounds like a really interesting book. I remember Brene Brown is the same woman who gave that Ted talk about vunerablity I mentioned in one of my other posts. I know when I first heard the things she had to say about being vunerable it helped me not feel so ashamed for having the kind of personality that's an open book, raw, and exposed.
You know Phillipians 4:13 is our official family scripture! I love that one! It is only through Christ that I am made strong enough to do anything that He calls me to.
Thank you again for your lovely comments here, Ramona.
-Alicia :)
P.S. I think that's why the lyrics of the song "Lord, I'm Ready Now" struck me because she writes about feeling exposed before the Lord and the healing that He brings as we lay our whole hearts out to Him.
Post a Comment