Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Thursday, November 19, 2015

God Doesn't Waste Time

I can't say much of what is happening right now but I do feel that miracles are already in the works.  The very same night after I wrote my last post, my brother-in-law, Jeff, called my husband out of the blue. Excitedly, he informed Joseph that he had just recommended him for a job where his starting pay would be a great deal more than what he's getting now.  Jeff has no idea that we've been considering adoption, (I don't think any one in our families know, unless they follow my blog.)  And I think the only people who knew that Joseph has been wanting a change of occupation is me and a couple of others.

Anyway, this is all happening so fast...
Through word-of-mouth and high recommendations from Jeff, the only thing my husband had to do was send in his resume and the company has already called him in for an interview on Monday.

Is this timing just merely a coincidence?  I guess we'll see but I don't think so.  If he gets this job it could mean big changes, possibly even moving to Salt Lake.  I hope not.  I am so in love with where I live right now.  But, even still I know that God sees the bigger picture and I've never doubted that.  He has been preparing my heart to let go.  I will submit to wherever He leads us.  I trust Him.

Wow, so many things to think about...

-Alicia

2 comments:

Ramona Gordy said...

Alicia
I love you, sometimes and maybe most times, we need to "lean into" the will of the Father. I love this verse in Luke, fear not little flock, for it is your father/and my father; your God and my God, whose pleasure it is to give you the kingdom. There is a child, your child, a valiant spirit who is no doubt waiting for you.
Ramona
Luke 12:32-34
32 “Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom. 33 Sell what you have and give alms; provide yourselves money bags which do not grow old, a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches nor moth destroys. 34 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

https://youtu.be/21Vw42Kb00g

Alicia Rawlins said...

Ramona Thank YOU! We have felt this greatly. In fact, when my husband and I were talking a couple of nights ago, he said something that totally surprised me: I was telling him how I was still rather shocked that he has agreed for me to find out the steps to the adoption process and to find a social worker to do a study in our home. Money has always been a very huge and tight issue for him. He has always been quite strict on what can or cannot purchase and he's often worried himself into a puddle of despair when he has thought about having enough for retirement.
But the other day, his answer to me was this, "Alicia I've spent my whole life with so much anxiety about money and I'm now realizing that 'the measure of my creation' is all about children. If when we are old and near death we have all this money to retire with, what will it matter if I've neglected 'the measure of my creation?'"
I answered, "I honestly don't know what has come over you but it's wonderful and I love it!"