Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Simply Grateful

My dad spent the night with us last night. It was his first Christmas without mom and we didn't want him to be alone. I'm so glad he came. Last night we enjoyed our traditional Shepherd's dinner by candlelight next to a cozy fire, shared the true Christmas story as we read from Luke, and watched It's a Wonderful Life. This morning we started our day out with a family prayer, opened presents, and enjoyed our traditional Christmas breakfast.

Every Christmas, I'm so grateful for how easily pleased my kids are with just a couple of gifts. We've never had to be extravagant, they don't ask for much. I'm so lucky to have such amazing children! Our Christmas has been wonderful, I couldn't ask for more.

Merry Christmas, everyone!


...And speaking of Christmas....

As I listened to the Christmas Devotional again this past week, I really loved this part of Sister Eubank's talk:

 “[Our Heavenly Father] sees us, His little children, trying. Our efforts don’t always succeed, but He knows how hard we are working—sometimes gritting our teeth and plunking through a disaster—and He loves us for it. For all of our dissonant, out of tune, unrecognizable music, He sent His beautiful Only Begotten Son, who is love’s pure light. Jesus Christ will repair every bad note and redeem every sour overtone if we turn to Him and ask for His help. Because of the birth, the Atonement, and the Resurrection of Jesus Christ, we can all 'sleep in heavenly peace.'”-Sharon Eubank

I love this because I often feel like the one plunking through a "disastrous performance" but God still loves me through every effort, because I'm trying. I pray that this Christmas and always, each of you will be filled with the peace, love, and hope that only the Savior can bring.<3

No comments: