Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Tuesday, November 5, 2019

The Most Beautiful Truth



Just finished reading, The Four Loves by, CS Lewis.. His writings can be a little over my head at times because I'm sorely lacking in the vocabulary sector. But the very first time I laid eyes on these words, I got it. It was perfectly clear. This is beautiful! This is why I am overwhelmed at the love my Father in Heaven and my Savior, Jesus Christ, freely give me. I do not deserve such love nor in my wildest dreams could I ever repay it....yet, here it is - poured out on me without measure. I am awe-struck, amazed, brought to my knees... why me? Because HE is LOVE personified. 

"I marvel that He would descend 
from His throne divine To rescue a soul 
so rebellious and proud as mine, 
That he should extend his great love 
unto such as I, Sufficient to own, 
to redeem, and to justify."
 Hymn 193



No comments: