Last Friday, we watched the funeral services for our beloved Prophet, President Thomas S. Monson. The part that stood out to me the most was where his daughter, Ann, shared the time she was with him in his office and he noticed a photo of himself in an open copy of an Ensign magazine: President Monson pointed to the face on the page and said, "I know that guy. He tried his best."
"He tried his best." That story really struck me because I can only imagine how often he felt completely and totally inadequate for his calling in the Church. How difficult it must have been! I don't know who in their right mind would ever wish for a high-profile calling, especially one that bears the kind of weight and responsibility of a Prophet, Seer, and Revelator!! (No thanks. I'd be 100% happy serving as a nursery worker for the rest of my life.) But, I love how President Monson said that he tried his best. He certainly did! It should give all of us hope wherever we serve. Just do your best - Trust that the Lord can work with that. I'm so proud of President Monson's example and legacy he left! His life was full of service to others; caring for the poor and elderly, the weak and the sick.
This morning, we get to hear from our new Prophet, President Russel M. Nelson. I look forward to his words! I already know with all my heart that he is the one for the work right now. He carries himself with great strength and boldness. I'm excited to see the way he fulfills this calling. I love him and I pray for him as I did for Monson. What a heavy burden to carry! However demanding and daunting the road ahead, these valiant men of God accept this work with such courage and conviction! They step out with faith and not fear. They sacrifice their all. I am so humbled by the lives of the Prophets of God - They are truly called by Him. This is the work of the Savior. I know this!
No comments:
Post a Comment