I can't believe it's the end of May! Joseph and I were just talking this morning about how it seems time is passing freakishly fast. We're entering Chandler's senior year of high school, Miriam will be a sophomore, Micah is now thirteen, Kaylee will be ten in a few weeks, and Millie will officially be our little girl in five days.
Speaking of the adoption, I still can't believe that things went through with our case this fast! June 4th is the first court day our adoption attorney set for us. He guarantees that we will win the case and we'll have our adoption certificate in our hands by that evening. We will be sealed to Amillia the following evening in the Provo City Center Temple. The brother who is sealing her to us is our Stake Patriarch (Patriarch Snow) and also the husband to my counselor in the Relief Society (Margene). They adopted their two youngest daughters.
We are very happy to adopt this sweet little girl. She definitely fits very well into our family! There are moments I get a little fearful: those moments she displays certain difficult behaviors that are very common among children from hard places, from trauma, common among children who have been removed from their families. It's hard to explain to anyone who is not in the trenches. I mean, let's face it, the way the rest of the world views adoption is totally romanticized. It is hard!!
Currently, I am involved with three hours of training and therapy per week revolving around Millie. Which on some weeks, it equals out to five. I take Kaylee with me whenever I can so she doesn't feel left out. She's a little more sensitive to me being gone. I am learning that I need to rewire my own brain and seriously confront the abuse and trauma from my own childhood. It's hard but it's very very good.
We're moving on... continuing into the unknown. I feel very blessed despite the difficulties though. I have an amazing family! I couldn't be more proud!
No comments:
Post a Comment