Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Friday, June 25, 2021

For the sake of the record...

I don't post much these days honestly because I try to just stay off the computers as often as possible. It really helps me maintain more peace in my life. I'll post a couple short quick things here and there on my social media pages when I want to share my faith - but I don't like to hang out on those pages. I'll usually get on and then get right off. 

I miss blogging a bit though because it was an excuse to journal. Maybe I should get back into it??? I don't know. I especially love having a place to go into more depth with what's on my heart even if nobody ever reads this blog. It's still a place for me to put some thoughts or life updates in writing - and I like that. 

Speaking of updates... I work 2 or 3 days a week now as a dental assistant for an office in Provo. I think it's the perfect amount of hours for me and I absolutely love what I do. It also helps that everyone I work with is super easy to get-along with. I really think I found my dream job. Ha ha ha!

Tonight, I got called into work to help after-hours. The dentist I work for texted me asking if I'd come help him with surgery for a friend of his daughter's wisdom teeth. His son was there watching because he's in pre-dental school. I always find the extractions very fascinating -especially the ones where we have to make incisions and I can see straight to the jaw bone! Dr. called his son over during the surgery to take a closer look and watch the procedure. His son nearly passed out from the sight and had to lay down. I guess it never bothers me at all, especially like that. 

I started my job almost five months ago, I have learned so much. I can assist with just about any procedure now; crowns, root canals, implants, gingival scans, extractions, fillings, etc. I love setting up and taking down the operatory, wearing latex gloves, cleaning /sterilizing instruments, and typing up clinical notes, I love it all! 

I was a dental assistant before I ever had kids back when I was 21 or 22 and I liked doing it then but it is so much better now for some reason. I think I feel more confident than I did when I was in my early 20's and I love the littlest things in life more than I did then. 

So, that's a very small update..... Perhaps I'll post here more just for the sake of recording....

-Alicia

No comments: