Miriam received her Temple endowment yesterday. I feel like she has been much more prepared than I was. She has taken temple prep. classes, mission prep classes, listens to conference talks every day, studies scriptures every day, prays, involves herself in ministering and service. She helps clean and cook all the time, all without any prompting from me, just all on her own volition. She is such a wonderful young lady!
After the Temple ceremony, I asked her how she felt about everything. She said, "Great! I didn't feel overwhelmed by any of it and I can't wait to come back!"
It was so cool to have Chandler support her at the Temple too and to see him stand next to his sister. Moments like these are priceless as a mother.
She is an old soul. Her spirit is wise beyond her years and she is not only ready to take on the challenges of the world, she's eager. Why? Because, she has faith to move the mountains, unflinching faith in Jesus Christ, and a love of our Savior that goes right to the core and fills her whole being.
I've watched her in her final stages of preparation for her full-time mission to Brazil and have been greatly impressed! She's ready!! She has won the hearts of many people just in the three short years we've lived in Orem.
There is a presence about Miriam I can't describe, a presence that is felt the moment she enters a room, she just radiates Christ-centered confidence, purity and goodness. Her greatest desire, her highest dream she longs for more than anything in this life is to be a mother, to have children and to have lots of them. She's not joking either. She embraces wholeheartedly her femininity and her God-given roles.
I've watched how Miriam is with children through the years, especially when we were fostering and after we adopted. I was always deeply humbled when I struggled to keep calm and discipline a certain difficult child without anger.... Then Miriam would enter the room, see my distress, and confront the conflict with creativity, humor, and love, instantly turning the atmosphere around into something far more manageable.
I'm going to miss her like crazy when she flies out to Brazil. But this dark world needs more women like Miriam. So, I'm willing to let her go.


No comments:
Post a Comment