Joseph showed me some news articles the other day of foreign power and new war technologies that left me feeling disturbed and unsettled. I pray I never have to live through something as frightening as home invasions or drone soldiers at my door. When I went to bed that night I read an article of pending threats to our food supply because of the lack of diesel fuel for the trucks to transport. I don’t know very much when it comes to politics but I know enough to be aware that people who get positions, power, and money, often become corrupted and will do anything to grow in that power - including starving their own people.
These are the last days, so why should I be surprised? The scriptures warn us of pending doom; wars and rumors of wars, natural disasters, economic collapse, corruption, greed, selfishness, pride, and perversions that will plague our lands. And that many people’s hearts will fail them because they will be so afraid.
The following morning, I got on my knees and asked God,
“What do I pray for in this world of uncertainty? Do I pray for protection: to keep my home and family safe so that no harm or evil will ever set foot near our doors or in our house? Do I pray that when natural disaster strikes, or famine, our place will be left standing firm and unscathed? Do I pray for the resources and supplies for our own little family to fight off tyranny and stand unflinching in the face of evil -like David vrs. Goliath?”
I became silent for a moment as I continued kneeling in prayer, complete silence…. And then the question came to my mind, “Or Alicia…do you pray for something else of far greater value?” I thought for a moment, “In times of tyranny, disasters, and war, what could be more valuable than protection from harm and evil?” Almost as soon as I asked, the answer came, “VISION, Pray for vision. Why? Because, ‘‘Where there is no vision, the people perish.’- Proverbs 29:18”
I thought of my Aunt Slivia, of Victor Frankle, of Corrie Ten Boom, Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, and others in our modern time who lived in during horrible wars and survived real prison camps, who through it all kept strong faith in God and experienced miracles to share with the world, to inspire and help others in powerful ways.
I thought of Abinadi, of Daniel in the lion’s den, of Peter, John the Baptist, Alma and his brethren, and others! All of whom lived through terrors and tyranny. And what was it that carried them through if they were not spared the brutality of it all? Vision. Eyes to see, ears to hear, and hearts to understand - to see what is not seen by most, a clearer view, a greater perspective, a purpose for the pain, an unflinching faith in God, our loving Father in Heaven, Who knows and see all, Whose promises are sure as day, Whose word is solid!
We pray for vision, for HIS vision, for the Spirit to be with us - no matter the circumstance, we do all within our power to keep the Spirit of the Lord in our lives and not waste our time with anything that would drive it away. “For the Spirit speaketh the truth and lieth not. Wherefore, it speaketh of things as they really are, and of things as they really will be; wherefore, these things are manifested unto us plainly, for the salvation of our souls.” - Jacob 4:13
President Nelson said during his first general conference as President of the Church, “In coming days, it will not be possible to survive spiritually without the guiding, directing, comforting and constant influence of the Holy Ghost,”
And repeated in subsequent general conference addresses — is an echoed plea of his counsel to Latter-day Saints to do “whatever it takes” to increase spiritual capacity to receive revelation.
In the talk I listened to yesterday by Brother Pearson he shared, “The companionship of the Holy Ghost is priceless! The cost is devoted discipleship. Through our covenants we are promised that we ‘may always have His Spirit to be with us.’ Please note - ‘MAY have’, If we really understood the Divine role of the Holy Ghost, we would do whatever it takes to have His spirit with us….
Someday, we will realize and acknowledge that the Light of Christ and the influence of the Holy Ghost were present all around us. But we cannot see what we’re not looking for, especially without spiritual eyes to see.”
Pray for vision.
No comments:
Post a Comment