The discs in my neck began disintegrating after an injury at a trampoline park 4 years ago. Dental assisting only accelerated the disintegration. The herniation and the growth of some bone spurs began to smash the nerves in that area of my neck causing me to experience constant nerve pain for months! The neurosurgeon said that if I left these nerves to be smashed for too long, I could have permanent damage. I finally consented to have an osteoplasty (filing down of the bone spurs) and cervical disc replacements of C5,C6,to C7. I see the neurosergon this Tues. as a follow-up from the surgery to make sure everything is healing properly.
One twist in this that has turned out to be an enormous blessing is that I had to change jobs because of the damage assisting was doing to my neck. I applied to work at the dental lab next-door, DG Fine Arts. I've known these guys from visiting occasionally to send scanned images for crowns or get a custom shade for a patient at the dental office. They have always been so incredibly kind to me. I always walked away impressed by how supported and comfortable they made me feel asking for their help.
I got the job at the dental lab really easy. The timing couldn't have been more perfect! It was almost as if they were waiting for me. It was nothing short of a miracle! I love working here!! It doesn't strain my neck, I don't have to wear scrubs anymore, I can wear a baseball hat, t-shirt, and jeans if I want to- the dress is completely casual. I can listen to music, conference talks, audio-books, and pod-casts, while I work. And most of all, the work environment feels really good. There's only about ten workers in the whole lab and it's just comfortable. Everyone is really easy and great to be around. I instantly feel like I belong here. God is good!


No comments:
Post a Comment