Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Sunday, March 12, 2023

Pray for Dain



Me and Jenny 2019

Miriam, Joseph, and Danny 2019

Left Photo: (Dain, Jenny, Stela, and Amillia) - Right Photo: (Dain and Micah playing soldiers.) 2019



My friend's Jenny and Danny McMurrough are going through a really rough time right now. Their little boy, Dain (who is 7 now), started having seizures on Thursday this past week.  He is currently in the ICU at Primary Children's hospital struggling for his life.

Jenny called me at work on Friday and we made arrangements for her to bring Stela to stay with us for the night.  I took her back up with her parents to Primary's on Saturday, then came back to her house and did more cleaning there. 

 The doctors can't seem to find why Dain is having the seizures, they did a spinal tap, a CAT scan, an MRI... and it's not bacterial. They believe a virus has attacked his brain somehow. They found a large amount of white blood cells in his head but no sign of any tumor. Jenny called me today to give an update. She said the seizures have only gotten worse the past couple of days... one lasted two hours this afternoon. The doctors finally put little Dain on a PICC line to put him in an induced coma to give his body some rest. It has been so awful!! 

I've been doing everything I can think of to help Jenny and Danny. Kaylee and I have gone over several times in the past few days to clean their home, do laundry, feed the pets. It breaks my heart. I wish I could do more!! I'm heading up in a few minutes to pick Jenny's sister up from the airport and bring Stela back down from the hospital. Please, God help this family! Help them through this dark time. Help them know that You are there and that miracles DO happen regardless of the outcome of this awful situation. Bless this little sweet boy! He has the purest soul.

Kaylee, Dain, Stela, and Amillia 2019

Stela, Dain, Amillia, and Kaylee 2019


Dain 2019





 

No comments: