Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Goodbye Sis. Alves Hello Sis. Santos - Jaú, Brazil

"I had an actual transfer this transfer, meaning I left Rosolem after 3 transfers and am now in Jaú, a city that actually makes me think I'm in Brazil (and Salt Lake City, but that's fine).

I have another Brazilian companion, Sister Santos. And I'm killing her. That's mission talk for I'm the last companion she'll have in her mission before returning home.
Also, I'm in a house, not an apartment, with another companionship: Sister Santana and Sister Harwood.

This area is already far different than Rosolem [Hortolândia]. First of all, more plants and rivers meaning that the air is fresh and doesn't always smell like Marijuana and other such drugs.

My first full day here was Saturday and I had the opportunity to go to a traditional Brazilian party at an English School run by a member of the Branch. It was a strange experience to say the least because my English felt highly unnatural because my brain couldn't seem to comprehend that, yes, I was speaking English to Brazilians. It was also strange because these people picked up on strong swear words somewhere in the learning process and during one conversation this man dropped the £ bomb on me when I told him I had only been in Brazil for 6 months and could speak and understand full conversations.

So...yep.

I'm just getting to know this area, so I'm not sure what to write about this time.
So here's some pictures.

(And a few extra that happened before transfers)

- Miriam"


Final pictures with Sis. Alves in Hortolândia - 





Miriam swapped one of her dresses for the cute dress Sis. Dias is wearing here.





Left photo: Front - Sis. Casperson, Sis. Alves, Sis. Rawlins, Sis. Dias, 
Back - Elder Leatherwood and Elder Sanchez





New Area: Jaú, Brazil - with Sister Santos 






Finally Fresh Air!



No comments: