Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Miriam's 8th Week in Pirassununga -Sister Rojas

(Micah sent Miriam a C3PO to take pictures with.
He has an R2D2 on his end that he puts in his pictures.
Just a fun little thing the two of them are doing.)


HAPPY NEW YEAR 🥳

Well, that settles it. I'll be coming home this year.

I can't believe that 2023 is over and we're starting 2024. That means I'll have to vote in November (that's the month they do elections, right?)

*sobbing*

Really the biggest thing that happened this week was we had the new missionary training, and it was super interesting to be on the other end this time as the trainer and not the trainee.

We also had a super long talk with the pastor of the Seventh Day Adventist (I think that's how you spell it) church. He really wanted us to open our minds and accept the Bible as the only true word of God.

So that was fun (not really).

Oh, but last night, it started raining while Sister Rojas and I were on our way home (after a random churrasco with an investigator. See, I was hungry and Heavenly Father heard my inward complaint and led us to someone who decided we were cool enough to let into their New Years Eve party.) We decided that since we were on our way home we didn't need our umbrellas, and we just enjoyed the rain. I mean, why not? This might just be the only time in a least a long time that I'll pass New Years Eve in Brazil while it's raining.




But today I wanted to look at some of the things I did this year:

I traveled on a plane for the first time and ended up in São Paulo, Brazil. Within this state I've lived in Hortolândia, Jaú, and Pirassununga.

I learned to speak Portuguese fluently (woo hoo).

Married a couple that had been living together foelr 7 years, then baptized them into the church

Met and baptized Marcos who's been on fire ever since his baptism.

I met and befriended people from Ceará, Sergipe, Ecuador and Peru, and have lived in questionable living conditions with people from more places than that.

I've talked with too many drunk and high people.

I've learned to love studying the scriptures and have learned so much more about the gospel.

I'm still learning to be a more patient person ha ha ha ha ha

I spent Christmas Eve playing twister and Brazilian Monopoly.

I survived 2023.

 

Wooohoooo!

Super exciting

So, I'll see all of you guys this Summer! Chew on that.

No comments: