Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Sunday, January 14, 2024

Miriam's 9th Week in Pirassununga -Sister Rojas

 (01-02-24 to 01-08-24)

So not a whole lot happened this week except interviews with President Card.  He did them early this transfer because here in a week or so we're going to have a mission tour.

Yesterday, we heard a pastor lady in someone's house denouncing a spirit or something loud enough to worry her members waiting for her to start their church service in the church nextdoor.

Other things that happened this week was that I found my frog prince and tried to kiss him, but he didn't turn into a prince so I guess he wasn't my frog prince. But you guys can have a picture all the same.

I snapped some more pictures of clouds because the sunsets here are absolutely beautiful! I do miss mountain sunsets, but I already know I'm going to miss these Brazilian ones.



Yesterday we were walking home for the night and this random lady saw us as we were passing and was like, "Heeeyy! I know you guys!" And then proceeded to hug us, and Sister Rojas and I just went with it, because, to tell you the truth, we hadn't the foggiest clue of who this woman was. But we started walking with her, and ended up striking up a conversation with the 18 year old girl, Yasmim, that was with her (they're neighbors). Yasmim decided that she liked us because she said she doesn't know many people her age who like to talk about God, and she asked us for our number. 

yEs.

Maybe she's the one we've been looking for. We left her with a Book of Mormon, so hopefully that seed will grow.

I discovered, today actually, that Marcos (From Jaú) got a calling in the area! Would you believe he's been called as the Ward Mission Leader?

I can.

He's on fire. He's already planning to return to the temple in February, and he's super excited.

yEs.

Okay here's my spiritual thought. I've spent nearly my whole mission looking for a talk by Elder Holland about the Book of Mormon and have been 100% unsuccessful in finding it.

Until this week. Hahaha haha

Safety for the Soul

He bears a powerful testimony of the Book of Mormon, and it really made me think about the divinity of that book.

This year, since we're studying the Book of Mormon as a church, I invite all of you to read this talk in preparation.

The Book of Mormon truly is a modern day miracle and the word of God.

Em nome de Jesus Cristo, amém.


No comments: