Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Monday, December 18, 2017

Life is Good!

I take my final tomorrow.  I'm crossing my fingers I can keep my grade in the "A" range.  I have absolutely loved my nutrition class.... I may even change my major.  :)     We'll see.

Yesterday, I sang a duet in Relief Society with a dear wonderful sister in my ward, Cher. She came to me several weeks ago asking if  she could sing this song and wanted me to harmonize with her on the alto part. Cher used to sing in a Christian rock band. I love it! Each night after we had a practice at her house, our visits would last a little longer as we shared our great love for God and how He's poured out amazing miracles in our lives. I love her!

Being in Relief Society is humbling every Sunday. Sometimes, I just want to blend in and sit in the very back where no one can see me. I hope none of these sisters think that certain callings make any one of us any greater than the other. I hope every sister recognizes how much she is needed no matter if she has a calling or not.... speaking of which... I'm excited about our new curriculum coming up with First Sunday Council Meetings!

I have court this Wednesday. I think they'll decide if our foster daughter is able to go back with her bio family. I'm very torn because I know she loves them... but I have fallen in love with this little girl (we all have). Who knows though, the attorneys may extend her stay with us in foster care and we won't really know where this case is going for another four or five months.  The social worker had a visit with me last week and says she has spoken with the attorneys for DCFS and our FD. They all want her to stay with our family.

Speaking of family, I get to see my niece, Alexa, this week. I love her so much! This has been a very rough year for her. My sister, Amy (Alexa's mom), has been injured in the face and neck twice due to domestic violence. The man my sister married last year is an alcoholic and it has been destroying my sister's life. :( Alexa is a strong young woman. Thankfully, she doesn't live in the same house and is not exposed to this nightmare firsthand. It's heartbreaking for her though because she loves her mother so much. I pray for my sister constantly.

Some good news in my family though is that my brother, Keith, is celebrating one year of sobriety this year. I'm very proud of him! And, I get to see my younger brother, Kenneth (from Texas), next week. He has two children now. They had only planned on having one child at first so I'm very glad Kenneth finally gets to experience raising siblings. It's so fun to see the diversity of personality with each child.

I can't imagine my life without each one of my children. I love their varying personalities. When I woke up this morning and came downstairs, I heard Chandler's night music playing softly in the background and saw the glow of Christmas lights strung around his room. I smiled and thought to myself, "He's still a kid. I hope he never looses that sense of wonder." In that moment, an overwhelming love and gratitude for each one of my children filled my heart. Nothing brings me more joy than my children! I thought of Kaylee and how wonderful she is at the piano. I thought of Micah and the amazing cardboard pistol he made last night, complete with cocking ability and a magazine that detaches. I thought of adorable Miriam and the hours she spends every day writing novels - She's an incredibly talented story-teller! I'm so pleased with how all of my children are turning out. I'm especially impressed with how they've embraced this little bonus child in our home.

Life is good!






No comments: