We started the month off with a couple of simple little family hikes:
The Grotto and Battle Creek Falls
(I've heard that The Grotto has been burned by the fires a few weeks ago. I'm not sure if it is true, but if it is, that's very sad. It's such a beautiful little hike for the children. I'm glad we went when we did.)
(I've heard that The Grotto has been burned by the fires a few weeks ago. I'm not sure if it is true, but if it is, that's very sad. It's such a beautiful little hike for the children. I'm glad we went when we did.)
![]() |
| Millie, Kaylee, and Leah (Kaylee's best friend) |
![]() |
| Leah, Kaylee, Millie, and Dad (in the background) |
![]() |
| Miriam and Emma Spencer (best friends) |
![]() |
| *sigh*.... Oh Micah... Why do you make that poopy face when I take your picture? |
![]() |
| I found a "SUPER" cool rock on one of our hikes .. and kept it. :) |
Amillia had been having some behavioral struggles, acting out from anxiety and anger. After the other kids were getting a little worn out from her tantrums, we decided to have a family meeting explaining to our other kids that she wasn't intentionally trying to behave poorly. We explained how she needs to be reassured as often as possible, over and over again that she is loved. Most of her major tantrums come from a place of deep insecurity and fear of rejection.
That same evening after everyone had gone to bed, I noticed Micah's bedroom light was still on and could hear paper rustling. I tapped on his door and peeked in to find him writing a card and wrapping a present for Millie (his favorite Sonic Screwdriver).
As soon as she woke up the next morning, Micah surprised her with the present. She loved it and kept the toy and card with her everywhere she went that day, even on our little bike-ride. 😍
The girls enjoying one last swim in Sept.
Piper (our bonus child for most of the week)
Taking Kaylee and Amillia out for some fun
to give them a chance to bond a little more.
to give them a chance to bond a little more.
The first week into September, my dad called to tell me that we almost lost my sister again. She had been admitted to a rehab unit in Bountiful. Her husband had become life-threatening in his drunk tirades and they both hit "rock bottom".
It was a tight security unit under 24hour surveillance with only two hour visiting windows each day. I drove up to Bountiful a couple of times during her treatment to be with her. They were emotional visits, ones where I was begging for her to trust the doctors and be receptive to the help they were trying to give her. We hugged, cried, prayed together, and shared memories.
Miraculous things happened while she was there! Her wonderful Bishop and Ward Mission Leader, drove all the way from Sandy on two different occasions; the first time just as a visit, and second time to give her a blessing (an amazing blessing where Amy and the Bishop both could feel the presence of our Mom).
When Amy was released from the rehab unit, there was a noticeable change in her, a real desire to get out of her abusive relationship, to have a greater confidence in herself, and trust in God. One of the first things she wanted to do was have a family birthday party for her son, Brayden, (whose birthday she missed while in the hospital).
The whole evening I was amazed! I hadn't seen my sister that happy for years! She was radiant, full of life, and carried by hope. At one point in the evening, I turned to my niece and said, "Wow, isn't this wonderful!"
She replied, "Yes, I'm taking all the pictures and video I can to remember this day. I hope she keeps going this direction."
"I do too," I said.
Alexa has been an amazing support, an incredible daughter to Amy. What a strong girl she has been through everything! I'm so proud of her!
![]() |
| Alexa trying to teach Connor "The Floss" in my parent's kitchen. No matter how he tried, he couldn't get it right. I could not stop laughing and nearly peed my pants.🤣 |
These next series of photos crack me up.
Pay close attention to Chandler...
His expression doesn't change one bit in every shot.
He only moves his arm just sightly and slowly enough to torment his sister.
So subtle... oh so subtle... but I saw it.
Mom sees everything!
There's a moonlight ski-lift ride up in Sundance every year. Joseph and I have gone before as a date but this time, we decided to take the whole family.
![]() |
The kids "somewhat" posing for a picture in the parking lot,
waiting for the shuttle.
|
This is just a bench along the pathway to the lodge. Chandler had left the ticket line and sat there, not moving -like a statue permanently fixed to the bench. The other kids took a moment to pose next to him for a quick pic. He didn't budge at all, didn't move an inch... his form of protest against family photos.🤣
![]() |
| Miriam, Millie, and Micah |
![]() |
| Chandler |
![]() |
| Me, Kaylee, and Dad rode together. |
![]() |
| Doesn't get anymore romantic than this! |
![]() |
| Kaylee's reaction. Enough said. |





































No comments:
Post a Comment