![]() |
| (Miriam and Sis. Santos) |
![]() |
I also passed the 7 months mark with them so they bought me a cake and required me to write in my journal that celebrated 7 months with them and NOT Sister Santos because she left that day.
So that's what I did.
It was quite entertaining to see how different the two of them are. Sister Harwood is so American and Sister Santana is so...not the same. I don't even know how to describe her. So I'll just attach a picture that pretty much sums up their companionship.
Saturday my new companion - Sister Almeida - arrived. She's super cute, and a lot quieter (is that a word? I don't even know anymore) than my past three companions. It's interesting to see just how many different personalities there are in the world, specifically here in my mission just among the Sisters. I'm excited to see how this transfer goes.
Sunday we had a pretty good lesson about the Restoration. We started out by asking them the basic first contact question of what would you ask Jesus if you could speak with Him.
All three of them wanted to know which of the many churches was the Kingdom of God, the true church, because they had bounced around lots of different ones, but they said they felt lost because each church understood the same passage of scripture so differently.
Now doesn't that sound familiar?
Sister Almeida and I just sitting there like, "Well, isn't that interesting. Allow us to tell you a story..."
When we finished, one woman, Agata, asked us where our church was, and all of them want to visit now. So if you all could pray that nothing gets in the way of them coming to church on Sunday, it would be much appreciated.
We had a little miracle with prayer on Sunday.
So usually I bring a snack with me in my bag in case I get hungry, especially on Sundays when I can't buy anything. But yesterday I forgot, and our lunch was very far from home. Also, for some reason, I kept needing to use the bathroom.
So during our visits, I really needed the bathroom and both of us were really hungry. During our visits I said a little prayer that we could find food and a bathroom, or at least that could survive the next three hours until we got home.
And we continued with our visits.
We passed one house and the lady's husband let us in. We started talking, and the conversation didn't really go anywhere spiritually speaking. Eventually I asked to use the bathroom: first miracle achieved. When I returned, the lady insisted on giving us dinner.
Look at that. Guys, God answers prayers.
I asked and He delivered. Prayer works.





No comments:
Post a Comment