Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Week 4 with Sis. Santos - Jaú, Brazil - "I'm not mature enough for this."

 Well, here's my email for the week.

It's not super long, but here it is for you guys.

After a family night with André, Cléo and Ana, we got an Uber to return home. I put in the address to our house, and soon after, it arrived and we hopped in. After a little while of talking, Sister Santos looked around, then asked, "Sister, did you put in the right address?" I was pretty certain that I had, but we looked anyway to just to make sure. Unfortunately, I had in fact put in the wrong address, and we were headed away from home. 

We quickly got it corrected, however, the price jumped a little, and that little jump jumped out of the range of the money we had with us. Sooo we just  laughed the whole way home, wondering why Sister Santos let me put the address by myself when I don't know the names of roads here. I wasn't my fault! The app had a "home" option for the address, so I just clicked that assuming that after using Uber all this time someone had made sure the address was right.

We had a lesson the other day over the phone that could have been a disaster if we hadn't been able to get ourselves under control. Everything was going just fine - we were teaching keeping the Sabbath Day holy and all that jazz. During a specific moment, he was going on about something that I don't remember, then, all of the sudden, Sister Santos began to laugh - in a muffled, barely controlled kind of way - at something he said. By extention, I began to laugh as well, though I managed to continue talking, sort of. Once Sister Santos got control, I handed the phone to her. Three seconds after, she lost control again and hung up. She then ran out of the room and into the kitchen to call him back because seeing me was only making her laugh worse. When he answer, I heard him say, "I think the phone call fell." If only he knew...

Everything worked out in the end, and he really liked our message.

I don't know how the Lord is fulfilling His work with a bunch of teenagers, but he's doing it.

I don't have many other things to write about, so I included a few pictures and this scripture:

1 Nephi 21:16

Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.






No comments: