Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Micah's 4th Week in Ciudad Frontera

 

This was a very interesting week I must say.

We had a Christmas party kinda thing as a mission, which was kinda cool. We went to the temple too so that was pretty rad, and yesterday was my comp's 20th birthday so Feliz Cumpleaños to him n stuff.

So after being sick for a week, I'm all better, and it didn't take long for some weird stuff to happen.

First off, we have Dave. This guy is an American, speaks English, terrible Spanish, and is the definition of a conspiracy theorist. When he first approached us, I was concerned he was gonna just start tearing into us for our religion, because he was telling us how he studied theology, and one of the things they practiced was taking doctrine from every religion, and finding ways to turn it against itself. But instead of him doing that to us, he gave us some advice, including self defense advice, then dove into his conspiracies. To keep my email brief, here's a list of some of the things he was going on about. We talked to him, or rather, he talked to us, for well over an hour. Probably closer to 2-3 hours.

- Einstein was wrong. E=mc² is false, and he knows it because he's inventing self charging batteries.

- Dave was "born unique". His DNA is one of a kind.

- Dave is the head of the Department of Defense... of the World. Due to his unique DNA, it's his birthright. He's been the head of the Department of Defense since birth.

- His training started in the crib. 

- Australia is using "ground lightning" to wage war. Soon, they will use the ground lighting to blow our circuits, destroy our power, and leave us defenseless. The blast will also kill like 90% of people or something.

- Wear Doctor Martian shoes. They direct the current and save your from the ground lightning.

- The illuminati uses "picture language" (which Dave claims to be fluent in) to announce when they plan to do something.

- The Muppets! Kermit is green. That means military. Miss Piggy is pink. That means FBI. "Learn your colors"

- The NFL is the Department of Defense.

- Particle Science: "you can wear children". (This explains Epstein Island)

- "Beam me up Scotty" is real

- "If someone is pointing their phone camera at you, they're shooting at you. They're breaking down your particles and giving you blood clots."

I've got more, but I'll end it there. Dave has been persecuted for exposing all this information. Hence his reasoning for biking to México with no visa or ID. "I expose them" and "I'm safe here" He says.

We had an extremely gay man hit on us. While knocking doors, a man comes out of his house and calls us over. At first we ignored him, but eventually went over to talk. During our brief lesson with him, he kept smiling wide enough to eat a banana sideways, winking, and rubbing his nipples. (He was shirtless, and very hairy) At one point, he interrupted us to ask us if we're "pecadores" (sinners), and if we like to sin. When my companion said "no, somos misioneros", he responded "don't lie to me, you guys are sinners". As we were getting ready to leave, he gets really uncomfortably close to my companion and asks him "do I make you nervous?"

He also kept calling us "bien guapo" or "very handsome". Unfortunately, we ran into him the next day at Central, where he told us that he was going to send us something on whatsapp. Good thing I blocked him.

So yeah those are the highlights. Temple, comp's birthday, Dave, and "José Luis"

Other than that, we've mainly just been trying to touch base with the people we had appointments with, but missed during the time I was sick, as well as find new people and make new contacts.

So here's my testimony for this week.

I'll be honest. Once I got into high school, my life just kinda felt like a downhill slope. Those were some of the darkest, and most angry years of my life. Senor year was actually pretty good, but still rough in some ways. During those years, I got pretty good at holding grudges and cutting people out of my life. The past few days, I've been putting more effort into studying the scriptures more. I feel I get so focused on trying to learn Spanish that I've forgotten to study the scriptures. Just yesterday, I think it was, I found this scripture in my studies.

"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, if ye have not charity, ye are nothing, for charity never faileth. Wherefore, cleave unto charity, which is the greatest of all, for all things must fail— But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him." (Moroni 7:46-47)

Charity is something I've been trying to obtain for a while now, but reading this scripture made me realize how tired I am of being mad at people. I know I'm only human, but you can't use fallen nature to justify a lower standard. In light of all these thoughts, you might be able to imagine the impact this scripture had on as well

"If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?" (1 John 4:20)

I bear my testimony of the importance of charity in our lives, and that without charity, which is the pure love of Christ, we really are nothing. If you have anger, humble yourself enough to forgive. If you're holding a grudge, let it go. It's weight in your life that you don't need.

"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure... " (Moroni 7:48)En el nombre de Jesucristo, el hijo de Dios,  nuestro Salvador y Redentor, amén.

Okay so here's pictures, and thankfully none of these are from José Luis.

A macrame keychain and a skittles flower I made whilst sick at home, 

the Villahermosa temple, 

my companion's birthday cake, and Perla, the goodest girl in México.




No comments: