So this week was pretty cool.
On Tuesday, I had to go to Villahermosa to get my migration stuff done, and that took most the day, so by the time my comp and I got back to Frontera, we only really had 2 hours to work. We didn't have any appointments, so we just figured we'd knock as many doors as we could before going home. However, Tuesday was the day of Virgen Mary's birth apparently, so a lot of people were out celebrating. For this reason, my comp and I were expecting to have very little success that night. Well, we ended up getting humbled, and found 6 new people, which made up half of the total people we ended up finding over the course of the rest of the week, in just 2 hours.
So my testimony for this email is this:
If you're working hard, trying to be obedient, and doing your best to follow the Spirit, you will have success in the Lord's time, even if His time is in the same time you wouldn't expect to have any. En el nombre de Jesucristo, amén.
Later that night, my comp and I decided to go buy some food from some of the stands in Central, where we got a lot of kids that wanted to take pictures with us, just cause we're white, so that was pretty fun.
From that moment on, the rest of the week was fairly slow. Not a lot of new people found, but we did run in to Dave a few more times, he tried setting my companion up for a date, so that was unique.
We met Magdalena's son, Javier, who's 13 years old, his younger brother (I think), and Magdalena's grandson, Kenneth. We invited them to church, but sadly they didn't show up. Next time maybe.
We met David's dad, and his older brother, Oscar. Oscar is 20, and seems really interested, so hopefully we'll be able to meet with him again soon.
We made some other good contacts throughout the week, so hopefully those work out in the future.
I think that pretty much sums up the more major events. Here's some pictures.
I found some bulls, so I got pictures with those. I tried getting closer, but they kept backing away.
I found a tiny frog and put it on my hat, so that was pretty rad.
There's the pictures we got with all the kids in Central, along with some churros and corn we got while we were there. Churros here are delicious, unlike the ones in America that have an overwhelming lack of flavor.
Then there's my companion with Kenneth, and me with a puppy. I love the puppy.
Also, there's me with Kenneth and the puppy.
... More pictures



















No comments:
Post a Comment