Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Miriam's 4th Week in Piracicaba -Sister Rojas




 I ate too much sugar this week.  That's all.


This email will be a little shorter, but I have some good experiences to share.

This last week Sister Rojas and I had the opportunity to visit a church of another faith (we ran into a recent convert's brother and he said he would visit the Church if we visited his. Wouldn't you know he lied to us.) It was an interesting experience to say the least...

But it was fun, because now I have a few more ideas for religion in one of my fictional worlds.

Remember Marcia that came to church last week? Well, this week we had the opportunity to bring a couple Priesthood holders to her house to give her and her sick friend a blessing. She absolutely loved the experience and said she felt a power, a warmth, and a peace in her whole body as they gave her the blessing. It was testimony strengthening for me to see someone unfamiliar with the workings of the Spirit have the opportunity to feel His presence so strongly.

We had a miracle at church yesterday. No one that we had expected to come to church came, but, Sunday morning, we got a message from a guy we met briefly a few weeks earlier telling us that he would be there at 9 AM. And he was!

It was a miracle because we spent the whole week trying to bring people to church while this guy had been quietly planning to come without any prompting from us other than our first interaction weeks ago.

We're going to be teaching him this week. 


Here's my thought for the week:

A while back I was listening to this general conference talk by Dieter F. Uchtdorf, and I thought I would share it with you guys.

It made me think of the classic scripture: Adam fell that men might be, and men are that they might have joy - 2 Nephi 2:25. 

Lots of people question this scripture because if we're supposed to have joy, why, then, is life so miserable? Well, I felt that this talk answers that question. Our joy actually has little or nothing to do with our circumstances, but everything to with our attitude. As President Holland said: no misfortune is so bad that whining about it won’t make it worse. So, Think Celestial! And suddenly that scripture doesn't seem so far fetched.


A Summer with Great-Aunt Rose

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/general-conference/2015/10/a-summer-with-great-aunt-rose?lang=eng










No comments: