Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Thursday, March 28, 2024

Miriam's 5th and 6th Week in Piracicaba -Sister Rojas to Sister Rojas (the 2nd)


 So we had transfers on Friday. I ended up staying in my area, Piracicaba 6, but Sister Rojas was transferred.

And who did I get in return? Sister Rojas, but this time from Venezuela and not Peru. Very funny President Card.

But she seems really cool! I'm still getting to know her, but I'm excited for these next six weeks.

The other Sister Rojas was sent to the city of Araras with Sister Hopkins.

At the bus station during the transfers, I ran into Sister Stott again, and she's been sent to Leme as a Sister Trainer Leader! I'm so happy for her. She's going to do great.

On Saturday we had a ministering activity with the Relief Society to invite all the Relief Society sisters to the special sacrament meeting they were planning. It actually turned out to be a big success because we had a large number of less active members at church.

And we had a handful of investigators as well. Once again none of them were planned, but hey! I'll take what I can get.

Also, on Saturday I reached 14 of 18 months out here on my mission. That's really weird because I don't feel like it's been that long, but it has.

So I decided to share this talk that I was listening to a while ago that kind of sums up one of the many lessons I'm trying to learn out here. And that is: watch my tongue.

I really love this talk by Elder Holland, and I know that this is something I, personally, want to improve. The truth is that I never truly have a solid reason to complain about my circumstances or talk negatively about someone. Only God knows His children perfectly and sees the full picture of any given circumstance, so the best thing I can do is be kind and positive and everything will work out fine.


The Tongue of Angels


No comments: