Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Sunday, May 12, 2024

Micah's 13th week in Coatzacoalcos w/ Elder Kay

 "Hola mis amigos! Como están todos ustedes? Hoy, el 18 de Septiembre 2017, es un día muy importante! Saben porque? Porque es el día en el qué me enteré de donde viene el sabor de Gatorade Electric Blue."

So yeah I had transfers! My new comp is Elder Kay and he's the hardest working comp I've had so far, so I'm excited for this transfer!

Not much more to tell besides that, but here's a few things I've learned. 

The success of a missionary is not measured by the number of baptisms they get, but by their obedience in the work. I know this because I've been putting forth extra effort into being an obedient, consecrated missionary. Here's an experience I've recently had: 

I have terrible sleep problems. I am constantly exhausted, but never able to sleep at night. I lay awake in bed for hours each night, and I toss and turn, and wake up constantly each night. This started years ago and holds true. I thought I'd be working so hard in the mission that I'd just crash the moment I got home each day, but apparently not. So this has been hard for me, because it got in the way of language study as well as personal scripture study, because I would just fall asleep during all my morning studies. 

Well, the mission rules are be in bed by 10:30, and wake up at 6:30, which I didn't ever follow very well before, so I decided I'm going to try to stick to this schedule as well as I can now. My sleep problems haven't gone away. I still lay awake for hours, and toss and turn the whole night, but I have energy during the day, and no longer fall asleep during my personal study time. So, what really changed? My desire to be obedient. Although following this sleep schedule has not fixed my sleep problems, the fact that I'm trying to be obedient to the rules has brought great blessings into my life, as I no longer wake up feeling exhausted. 

I know that obedience to God's laws brings blessings, even if it's not in the way we may expect. I said at the beginning that the success of a missionary is measured by obedience and not by baptisms, and I testify the same concept holds true to our lives in general. The success of our time here in earth is not measured by how much money we have, or how many followers/likes we get on social media, but by our obedience and willingness to follow God's laws. 

"... prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of Hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing that there shall not be room enough to receive it." (3 Nephi 24:10) 

I know these things are true, en el nombre de Jesucristo, amén. 

Okay adiós! I'll send out another email next time something interesting happens.


Literally me!

I had food in my mouth when she decided to take the picture. It's my birthday icecream cake.

First time inside a Wal-Mart in over 7 months.

Big Ol' Chicken

Well, I gave it a shot...




No comments: