Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Sunday, May 12, 2024

Miriam's 1st Week in Leme - with Sis. Lima

 

Tragedy struck this week.

I participated in my first companionship exchange, and Sister Lima went to the cursed city of Araras to exchange with Sister Hopkins and Sister Rojas (the Sister Rojas that I trained). It was a fine day of work with her; we set a baptismal date with one of her investigators and met a nice woman named Ana, and we relived some of our inside jokes. At the end of the day, I was once again reunited with my amazing Sister Lima (Seriously, she's hilarious). We got to the bus station in Araras with the intention to return to Leme and get Açaí to end the day. Then tragedy struck. Our bus arrived late, and we, therefore, arrived too late in Leme to get Açaí. Que miséria. So we just went home and died.

But something fun that we've done a few times before bed is help Sister Lima practice her English. I wrote a story and she reads it for me at night. We both just end up laughing the whole time because she's so irritated with the lack of pronunciation rules that she complains the whole time she reads. I wish I could have a video, but it's literally the funniest thing ever.

We had a fasting miracle this Sunday. Three of our investigators showed up to church, and each one loved it! One woman even went up and bore her testimony. Another said that when he took the Sacrament, he felt strong sense of peace. I was happy to be a part of this experience with them.

We had leadership council this week as well, but there isn't much to tell. I got to see Sister Stott and Sister Almeida again, so that was fun.

And that's my week! Certainly there are more details that I'm forgetting, but I took pictures too.

To wrap up here, I read this talk about self-mastery this week, and I thought it was good counsel for me personally, and I'd like to share it with all of you!

The Power of Self-Mastery

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/general-conference/2000/04/the-power-of-self-mastery?lang=eng

No comments: