Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Miriam's 4th Week in Leme - with Sis. Lima



It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Well, I believe that the cold front that brings in Brazil's version of winter finally moved in.

After lunch one day, we left the house to find a very dark and gloomy sky (the first one in weeks). It started as a cool wind, but quickly turned into a cold rain that absolutely soaked us because we hadn't brought an umbrella. That was the fault of a jerk move on mother nature's part because the day had started out hot and sunny. Oh well. It was actually really fun. I have pictures.

Oh, we also helped a little puppy who also didn't have an umbrella.

I did a companionship exchange with Sister Maria in Araras, and she took me to an old cemetery and to see wild Macaws. That was a fun experience. I had always wanted to visit an old cemetery while I was here and it worked out!

We had Stake Conference in Pirassununga on Sunday. After a lot of a struggling to find someone to help our investigators get from Leme to Pirassununga, our bishop finally stepped up and offered to take them. It was great because our investigator Eduardo was able to come, and he said that he felt an immense amount of peace while he was there. In fact, he's getting ready to be baptized next week. He seems excited! And we're excited too.

So, those were the major highlights of this week.

And here's my conference talk of the week. Don't question the subject matter.

But I really liked his thoughts on what exactly is a marriage Covenant. It's so much more than just a contract of two people promising to 50% of the work then wait for the other to do the other 50%. It's a commitment of 100%; it's a Covenant. I feel like many people could be much happier if they understood this principle.

Covenant Marriage

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/general-conference/1996/10/covenant-marriage?lang=eng




No comments: