09-23-24
During a particularly hard time in my life, at the age of 14, before going to bed one night, I knelt at my bedside to offer a prayer. At this time I wasn't sure what I believed, and I was praying to a god that I wasn't even sure existed. In essence, my prayer was;
"If there is a God, if you love me, if this is the true church, and if the Book of Mormon is a true book, make it known unto to me."
That night, as I slept, I had a dream, in which I dreamt I saw, what I perceived to be blood, fire, and chaos. I was disturbed at this sight, as it was all I could see. I stared into this unsettling abyss for a moment longer before I turned. What I saw as I turned immediately drove the fear from me, and l was overcome with peace. I dreamt I saw blue skies, two trees, and on the clean, white ground, I saw two rows of angels, bowed down to the ground in the attitude of reverent praise. At the end of these two rows, I dreamt I saw Christ, with His arms open, as if to receive me into His arms. Behind Christ, I saw a plain and white Temple, the House of The Lord. The whole of the sight was exceedingly white and glorious, with a whiteness beyond any I had ever before seen. After I had beheld this, I was moved rapidly down the isle of angels towards Christ, and just as I had reached Christ, and He received me into His arms, I awoke.
After I woke, I sat at the edge of my bed, reflecting upon the prayer I had offered the night before, with no immediate recollection of what I had just received. I sat a moment longer before I recalled the dream from which I had just awoke, and I was overcome with the Spirit of peace.
"And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:"
(Joel 2:28)
9-25-24




























































No comments:
Post a Comment