Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Monday, February 19, 2024

Micah's 1st week in Coatzacoalcos w/ New Comp. Elder McAllister

People build right up next to the railroad tracks because they don't have to pay taxes there.

What the dog doin'?

A guy in the tree trying to get coconuts. 

So I did get a new comp, and I did get a new area. I'm now in Coatzacoalcos, a little under 4 hours west of Frontera, right by the beach (kind of), with Élder McAllister, and I've really enjoyed working with him the past few days.

We've got 2 baptisms planned for this Saturday! A girl named Luna and her brother Isaac, so I'm really hoping that works out. These will make my first baptisms of the mission!

I don't have too much to tell other than Coatzacoalcos is way cooler than Frontera, there's a lot more to do here, and McAllister is an awesome missionary to work with. He's really good about working with the members of our ward, and just good with people in general. I'm excited to learn from him.

Oh, but there is a Viking guy that lives around the corner from us. He's from Scandinavia I believe, believes in the Norse pagan gods, owns a little restaurant of traditional Viking food or something, and I think that's pretty interesting. I can officially say I met a Viking in México.

Today, I ate at Little Caesar's, got locked out of my house with my companion, accidentally broke part of our window trying to get back in, ended up having to call a lock pick guy, and we played 5 rounds of 8-Ball. I won 3 - 2. Pretty rad Pday I must say.

I'll just share a quick testimony about the power of the Priesthood. So as I kind of mentioned in my last email, I got pretty sick last Wednesday. My body had no strength, everything hurt, including my skin and fingernails. I was sweating like crazy, and just felt terrible. This disease is called Dengue Fever, and it's carried by the mosquitos here in México. This illness typically lasts 7-10 days, sometimes up to 2+ weeks, and can result in hospitalization.

Wednesday night, I asked my companion, then Élder Avila, for a Priesthood blessing of health. He gave me the blessing, and I went to bed. That morning, I felt almost completely better, though I still showed a few symptoms, and, just to be safe, rested one more day. Day 3, I had a weird feeling in my stomach, and that was it. I traveled to Coatzacoalcos, and felt completely recovered my first day there. I know that this speedy, though not instant recovery, was thanks to the Priesthood blessing that I received. The Priesthood is the power of God, and powerful it is. En el nombre de Jesucristo, amén.

Alright here's photos. McAllister and I playing pool, a lil worm that I caught that I later learned is a venomous Coral Snake but it's fine cause I'm smart, a view of the Gulf of Mexico from atop a building in the corner of our area, and a cat I named Jeff, because the owners never named him. They seemed to like Jeff though.










No comments: