Well, I spent the first part of this week still sick. We went to the hospital on Tuesday (I'm never doing that again. AVE MARIA. Never again) and after nearly 5 hours of waiting it was discovered that I did in fact have dengue.
But I survived! My fever eventually went down, I almost blacked out on Thursday for no real reason, but everything worked out fine, and Friday I managed to squeeze in a whole work day with no problems.
But what else happened this week?
We met a family that had contact with former missionaries back near the beginning of the whole Covid fiasco, and they still had the Come, Follow Me from 2019. We're going to try and visit them again tonight. They're a pretty busy family, so I hope that we'll be able to visit them and bring them to church one day. They seem cool enough.
We also met with Guilherme on Wednesday. I don't remember if I mentioned him in my last email, but he's a less active member who wants to come back. Also, because he's a returned missionary, he's also searching for referrals within his co-workers to help us find someone to teach. Olha, que legal. As of yet he hasn't found anyone, but we're praying for his finding efforts to be blessed.
We already had interviews this week again because this transfer has a lot of stuff happening that I wasn't aware of. We've got something called the Man Class this week, but I have no idea what that is, so don't even ask. And we'll be going to the temple here in a few weeks. I'm not sure exactly when, but we're going.
That's what I've got for this week.
But this week I've been thinking a lot about faith and what we can accomplish with greater faith. What's come to my mind as I've thought about it is that faith should generate a more positive attitude and gratitude. When we have faith, we believe can hope for a better world (Ether 12:4) and we can mold seeming frustrating circumstances into something better.
Those are my thoughts.
Here's a conference talk for everyone to listen to.
After the Fourth Day
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/general-conference/2023/04/55bassett?lang=eng












No comments:
Post a Comment