Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Monday, February 5, 2024

Miriam's 12th Week in Pirassununga -Sister Rojas

 
I don't remember everything that happened this week, but I'll give it a shot (I'm keeping an audio journal but I don't want to go back an listen to them to write this email).

We visited our recent convert Leonel this week, and I've determined that the first thing that goes through his mind when he sees us is, "Oh, no! They're hungry! I must feed them." That's literally the first thing he gets ready when we show up: food.
That's fine, I suppose, because he's actually a really good cook.

We met another really catholic man this week. We only got to "we're missionaries from the church of Jesus Christ" and he quickly informed us that he was catholic and didn't need our message. He very proudly told us that it's been five years since his last visit to his beloved church, but he was devoted to Catholicism. He tried to then close his gate on us, but couldn't seem to muster the strength, and therefore was unable to shut us out, so he just turned around and strutted away as he had just dropped the mic.
I'll try to get a video of Sister Rojas mocking him one day.

We finally we're able to meet a part member family this week after a few weeks of searching. A while back a kid called out to us on the road and introduced himself as Carlos. He said he was a member of the church and the only one in his family. He gave us his address and asked us to meet his family, then disappeared down the street. 

A few days later, we were trying to find the house. We went to the address, but no one was home, and we had to sort of guess which house it was because he didn't give us a number. Unsuccessful, we were about to head to our next visit when Carlos suddenly entered into the street from a little side road. 
This time we managed to get the right address from him and we tried to visit. It didn't work out several times in a row.
Until yesterday. 
We decided to try again, and as we entered the road, we saw Carlos and his mom and younger sister playing with their dog. She recognized us immediately and told us that Carlos had been telling her about us, so she told us to come sit down and talk to her. 
She told us a little about her situation and how she just wants to make sure her kids follow God, but how the world makes her nervous. She then told us that she was a little scared because it appeared that someone had entered into her house and left a devil worshiping book in her daughter's room. She was really sacred and wasn't sure what to do with it.
We took it from her and told her that we were representatives of Jesus Christ and that we could dispose of the book for her. She gratefully relented, and after we shared a message with her, she promised us that she would come to church on Sunday.

This encounter was another sign that God is at work, because we had been put in the right place at the right time to meet Carlos. That day, we had been late for lunch, but if we hadn't been we never would have met Carlos. We're going to keep working with them and hopefully we can reactivate Carlos and convert the rest of his family.

For my thought I just wanted to share this video that I've been obsessed with. I don't have any comments😁👍

Hold Up Your Light | Elder Marcus B. Nash











No comments: