I wasn't quite sure what to write in this email because this week was rather uneventful, but I didn't want to leave this week without having written anything. So here are just a few points from this last week.
We taught a pretty fire lesson, not because of us, but because of the couple we brought with us to teach. They're both returned missionaries, and they knew real well how to explain and answer his questions.
We had a pretty wild day Tuesday when there was a mix up with our lunch (it never showed up) and we had to hurry back to our area after a district council - without lunch-to a lesson that ended up falling through. At that point, all the restaurants were closed, so we bought some bread and made tuna fish sandwiches at home. #SimpleLife
Later that week I made macaroni and cheese because I didn't want to eat more beans and rice.
Sunday we ran to the other side of our area before church to try and wake up a less active member who said he really, really, really wants to return to church. We knocked for 15 minutes, but it didn't work out. Tisk tisk.
We had interviews this last week because next week is transfers again.
Aaaand I don't remember what else happened this week.
But here's a talk I listened to.
We have so many blessings inside the church; living within our Covenants brings so much power into our lives. But it's sad when we, or people we know and love, throw aside any and all blessings that could be theirs forever because someone or something in the church offended them. I loved this talk by Jeffery R. Holland about reconciliation. Forgiveness is so relieving and healing, and life is so much better when we can learn to let go and love again.
The Ministry of Reconciliation
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/general-conference/2018/10/the-ministry-of-reconciliation?lang=eng








No comments:
Post a Comment