The biggest and most exciting thing that happened this week was General Conference, but I'll get into that later.
First a few details of earlier in the week.
We had a Zone Study on Thursday that included some interesting trainings, however I'm going to refrain from going into too much detail on that subject because I have to text all my email, a task that makes me want to defenestrate my phone. I learned lots of good things.
We met a woman the other day who just so happened to be the cousin of members from a neighboring ward in the stake. She's not a member, and when we presented the church to her, she informed us that she belonged to a different church, but then she said something that no one else usually says: But, it's never too late to change religion, right?
Agreed. So, we're going to try and teach her this week.
We had a little mix up with our lunch the other day. This woman in the ward ordered our lunch to be delivered to our house because she was working. When the food got here, the delivery guy told us that we still needed to pay. We explained to him the situation and that the food should have already been paid for. Upon finding out that we were missionaries for the Church, he immediately started trying to get things cleared up for us so that we wouldn't have to pay. When the woman failed to respond to phone calls and other communication, the restaurant told him to bring the food back until it was paid for. What did the delivery guy end up doing? He left the food with us and said he would go get things worked out. If the woman didn't end up responding, he would pay for the food himself so that we wouldn't have to.
That was one of many miracles foe the week. (Oh, in the end, the woman got ahold of the restaurant it turned out she had in fact paid. They just had a technical glitch on their end.)
Saturday we watched the first session of general conference at the church. But for the second session, a family that we don't ever see at church invited us to watch with them. I thought they were less active members, but it turns out they're stake missionaries or something. It was really fun to watch with them. They made food and had a comfortable couch (no, I didn't sleep.)
Sunday we watched both sessions at the church. During the first session, we had two investigators watch there with us! I was afraid they might get bored, but they were both riveted on the screen for the full two hours. We're planning on teaching them more this week.
What a General Conference, am I right? LOTS about Covenants and temples. The prophet and apostles are really trying to emphasize something here.
I'd share my favorite talks, but, unfortunately, they're not yet available, so I'll share another talk I found while studying Covenants.
He specifically talks about marriage here, but the principle applies to all Covenants made.
Especially after this conference weekend, I'm so grateful that I have had the opportunity to make Covenants with my Savior and Heavenly Father through baptism and the holy temple. They really are a blessing in my life and help me in ways nothing else can.
Em nome de Jesus Cristo, amém
Well, that's it for now, folks.
Covenant Marriage
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/general-conference/1996/10/covenant-marriage?lang=eng
This was my Easter Egg!!







No comments:
Post a Comment