Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Saturday, April 29, 2023

So Grateful for Prayer

 Sometimes, when I think too much about the awful things in this world - it weighs me down. It becomes so easy to despair and I begin to dread the future for my children and grandchildren. I woke up this morning thinking about the state of our Country, the disintegration of everything moral and virtuous, the loss of hope everywhere, the way we as a people are just laying down and letting our freedoms be robbed from us. It was an awful way to start the day. I don't recommend it. 

I got on my knees and prayed for God to help me not lose sight of Him in this world that's gone insane, I prayed for Him to help me keep faith alive in my heart and not let this dark cloud of doom obscure the light of truth I know. I opened my scriptures and read these words: 

I say unto you that ye must pray always, and not faint; that ye must not perform any thing unto the Lord save in the first place ye shall pray unto the Father in the name of Christ, that he will consecrate thy performance unto thee, that thy performance may be for the welfare of thy soul. - 2 Nephi 32:9

This verse reminded me of how mercifully I have been led through every single dark time in my life! It reminded me that all my afflictions have been consecrated for my good. The Lord has used my most desperate moments to teach me, to open my eyes to His purposes, and understand His grace and goodness more. Through the gift of prayer, I have felt peace in the midst of my greatest afflictions and a reassurance of God's promises to those who sincerely revere Him and let Him prevail. Come what may, I know in Whom I trust!

No comments: