Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Friday, August 5, 2022

"Blessed be the name of the Lord"

 CS Lewis used to be an atheist because he questioned that if there was a loving God, then how could He allow so much pain and suffering in this life? (I imagine this is huge question for many.) But, CS Lewis changed his view and started to believe in Christ when he began to understand the PURPOSE of pain rather than the problem with it. A great example of this in the Bible is Job... His faith astounds me! Through his tremendous loss and grief, he never once loses his faith and continues to praise God in the middle of his suffering. (See Job 1:20-22) How do we triumph over our sorrows and our foes? The key is humble gratitude to God!! I testify of this!

I love these words by Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "We can choose to be grateful, no matter what. This type of gratitude transcends whatever is happening around us. It surpasses disappointment, discouragement, and despair. It blooms just as beautifully in the icy landscape of winter as it does in the pleasant warmth of summer. When we are grateful to God in our circumstances, we can experience gentle peace in the midst of tribulation. In grief, we can still lift up our hearts in praise. In pain, we can glory in Christ’s Atonement. In the cold of bitter sorrow, we can experience the closeness and warmth of heaven’s embrace."

What an absolutely freeing principle! I think the perfect song for this is Tree63 Blessed Be Your Name. It's been in my head all week as we've been studying the story of Job for Come Follow Me. I love this! 

-Alicia






No comments: