The answer is always Jesus Christ! I testify with all of my heart that this is true. I have witnessed in my own life; healing from all of my grief, all of my sorrow, all of my guilt, all of my fear, and everything that has broken me down through the years. I could not move forward without my Savior. He is my Everything, the most real and True Friend anyone could have. I love Him!
"Dear brothers and sisters, Jesus Christ extends that same invitation to you today. I plead with you to come unto Him so that He can heal you! He will heal you from sin as you repent. He will heal you from sadness and fear. He will heal you from the wounds of this world.
Whatever questions or problems you have, the answer is always found in the life and teachings of Jesus Christ. Learn more about His Atonement, His love, His mercy, His doctrine, and His restored gospel of healing and progression. Turn to Him! Follow Him!" -President Russell M. Nelson- April 2023
For the past three and a half years, I've had the privilege of teaching the 16yr - 18yr olds in Sunday School. On most Sundays my class averages about a dozen young men and women. I think of the world they are growing up in and the deep emotional challenges they face on every front; economical, political, social, spiritual, etc. It is truly a battle everywhere they turn.
I emphasized in class today the importance of them choosing to anchor themselves to Jesus Christ, even if they only have a "desire to believe" like Alma teaches.
I shared with them a paragraph from Elder Holland's talk given in 2013 for them to hold on to the truths they already know and to lead with faith and not fear. "Lord, I Believe"
And if they feel their faith is still too weak, to trust the testimony of the Apostles and Prophets that God infinitely lives and loves them, to start by praying always, and keep going. Please keep going! I bore witness to them that they each have a beautiful purpose here on Earth and to never quit when life pulls the rug out from under them. They will get through!!
There is a very real rest, a very real peace that is only found in our Savior! And that calm settles in the heart when the soul's deepest desires are fixed on Him and we give Him the reins. Life is so messy and I don't why so many good people suffer..... but I do know how beauty grows out of ashes, how graves turn into gardens, how the broken are made whole, and how the day conquers the long dreary nights because I've witnessed it for myself; The answer is Jesus Christ, it's always Jesus Christ.
This song makes me think of the father and his broken heart for his son that Elder Holland references in his talk "Lord, I Believe"

No comments:
Post a Comment