Here's a few extra stories we learned about from our Messenger visit
with Miriam that you wont get in her letter. :)
S. Alves and S. Rawlins walking down the street chatting about the beautiful windy evening and mid-sentence S. Alves remembered they both had packages and letters waiting for them at their apartment the other sister companionship picked up for them. Even though I don't speak Portuguese, you can hear the excitement in S. Alves voice when she remembers and it's so cute!
Remember Miriam's encounter with a cactus a couple weeks ago?
No one will ever let her live that down now.
And if she's going to touch a cactus, why not other strange, sinister plants?
Sister Alves and her had fun making this video of Miriam caressing a sharp thorn bush
while S. Alves sings a song about Miriam being a Sadist.
Sister Alves made cartoons of a few missionaries in the district.
Of course, Miriam's cartoon has her holding a cactus. (I told you they won't let her live it down. 😆)
A surprise through the gate! The lady ended up answering. She wasn't interested in hearing
the Gospel message but she must have really needed someone to hear her.
She dumped out all her life's problems for quite a while.
It was good though because S. Alves and Miriam offered a prayer for her.🙏
Miriam and S. Alves impersonating the "toothy grins" of the
mangy stray dogs that are everywhere in Brazil.
And now... Here's the email Miriam wrote. 👇
..................
We did another service project with the Helping Hands organization. We repainted a hospital in a city close to here (I don't want to try and spell it so I'm not going to). All of the missionaries in the Zone were there with the stake. It was extremely foggy and quite cold, but a fun experience all around. Except for the fact that, after all my most valiant efforts, I got paint on my one jacket.
After that project, we did a Blitz in a city called Elias Fausto. By Blitz I mean that our entire zone went to this city to open the area. Each companionship was given some flyers and then sent to the different neighborhoods. Sister Alves and I decided to dress like Elders, using white shirts and slacks. So imagine the reaction of this one lady when she was first visited by two young women in white shirts and slacks, then, 20 minutes later, visited by two young men in white shirts and slacks because a pair of Elders somehow ended up in our area and were unwittingly following us.
Thursday we taught Matheus the plan of salvation and blew his mind on a few points under this subject. We invited him to be baptized for I think the third time, and though he didn't reject it, he didn't accept it either. Though he did accept the invitation to pray about it, and we decided to visit with him the next day to see how it went.
When Friday rolled around, we met at his house again. He told us that he had prayed, but didn't feel that he got an answer. So we asked him how he thought the spirit would talk to him, and he told us that 3 nephi 11:3 had stood out to him since the first time he heard it. He then told us about an experience he had with the Spirit a while back and that after that experience he wanted to find a way to always feel the Spirit in such a way.
Imagine our trains of thought as he was telling us this.
But anyways, we invited him to pray again and come to church on Sunday again. He ended up coming and, seeing that it was Fast and Testimony meeting, got up and shared his testimony.
As president Card would say, "Throw him in the water."
Well, that's all I've got here. Friday is transfer day again, so we'll see where I am and who I'm with next P day.
Until then.
Tchau n what not.




























No comments:
Post a Comment