Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Dear Micah



 

He left today! Micah left to the MTC late afternoon and I spent the rest of the evening making this little goodbye video for him. 👇Such an amazing kid!!! I already miss him!💔




Dear Micah,

I’m so excited for the experiences you’ll have over these next two years. They will be absolutely life-changing and etch into your heart and mind memories that will shape you and your posterity for generations to come. Micah, I pray you will grow stronger and deeper in your faith in Christ and this restored Gospel so much that as you go through your mission, after you complete it, on into each new challenge and venture, no matter what happens, no matter your circumstances and wherever life takes you... I pray you will be anchored in Truth/ in Jesus Christ/ in His words, that you’ll know the pure joy that comes from losing yourself in the service of others, from feasting on His words, from following those anointed to be His mouthpiece in our day, and that you’ll rest in the perfect assurance of God's endless love for you, rest in God's infinite wisdom, in God's unfailing ability to forgive/to heal, and create awe-inspiring beauty out of ashes. If there is anyone I have ever met in this life who will grow and maintain this kind of faith, this kind of resolve, it is YOU. Remember it is by small and simple things the Lord does His wonders. Never underestimate the miracles God can work out of messes, and the immense good that WILL come from consistent and steady acts of faith. Believe. Trust. Move. Grow. God is in control. I love you more than life itself. I’m so proud of you!

Love,

Mom💗


It was fun to make this video👆 for Micah, fun to look back on the memories and re-visit pictures of my little boy. They really don't stay little for long. Looking back, he honestly was my happiest child. He just has a natural excitement for life. Miriam was a very naturally cheery child too which is why it's no surprise the two of them were inseparable growing up.










No comments: