Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Monday, December 25, 2023

Micah's 6th Week in Ciudad Frontera






Feliz Navidad n stuff. I don't like Spanish because they say "Happy Christmas"

So this week was cool. I went on a companion exchange for a day with one of the Zone Leaders, Élder Paz, who's a native to México, and spoke zero English, so that was pretty fun. He kept us working hard the whole day, and I feel like I learned some important lessons about missionary work during that time, and was able to practice my Spanish a lot more.

We've found some great new people to teach, and I've got high hopes for some of them.

So for Christmas Eve, my companion and I decided to wrap Libros de Mormón with a pamphlet and a "What would Jesus do?" bracelet, and hand them out to people for Christmas, and that was a lot of fun. It helped us feel like it was actually Christmas a little bit.




One of the people I gave a gift to is a lady that works at a food stand that I love to buy churros from, and apparently her son is one of the kids we play basketball with, and he's a kid I met several weeks ago in a small corner store where I offered to pay for his Coke. It's crazy cause I never expected to see that kid again after meeting him in the corner store, and now we play basketball with him on occasion, and his mom is the one that I've been buying churros from, so maybe something will happen with them. Either way, he's fun to play basketball with, and his mom makes really really good churros.

The past few days we've been instructed to be home earlier because apparently there were some shootouts and burning vehicles or something in Villahermosa, so that's rad.

Shout-out to Hermana Trini, our Mexican grandma, and by far my favorite person in Frontera. She made us a pretty delicious Christmas Eve lunch. She keeps us taken care of out here in the jungles of México.

I just bear my testimony again that the Lord watches out for his servants, and puts people like Abuela Trini in our lives to lift our spirits and keep us taken care of. En el nombre de Jesucristo, amén.

So here's pictures of the Book of Mormon gift things,  


an iguana,





a tree eating a palm tree,

my legendary Christmas setup,

  and a cool house.


No comments: