Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Sunday, June 23, 2024

Miriam's Transfer - Goodbye Sister Lima. Hello Sister Brum

 Well, it happened again this week: transfers. But what makes this one special? The fact that my new companion, Sister Brum, will be my last.

GASP

That's weird.

So, I ended up staying in my area, Leme, and Sister Lima went to Piracicaba. But Sister Brum seems really cool! She's really funny, and I'm excited for these next few weeks.

Sister Lima and I also had to do one more last minute exchange with the Sisters in Araras, Sister Maria and Sister Lunt, so we traveled there once more to take care of that this last week. But, really, besides transfers not much happened this week.

I will say that it was an adventure helping Sister Lima with her suitcases because she had mistakenly believed that she had packed well and had enough space for all of her stuff. 

However, after about an hour of squeezing her things into her suitcases, we managed to make the rest of it work by shoving the rest of her stuff into a backpack and giant bag.

I hope that I don't have to go through a similar experience...

Sooo, that's about it.

President Card has started a new study theme with the mission. Each week we're studying a new Christ-like attribute. This week it was Hope. I listened to this talk, and I loved it. He talks about staying focused on Christ and keeping our focus on the grand blessings to come. Basically keeping an eternal perspective. Our greatest hope is in Jesus Christ and the promise of eternal life. I'm so grateful for the restored gospel and the knowledge of the grand Plan of Salvation. I know that it's real.

Look down the Road

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/general-conference/2021/10/57meredith?lang=eng





No comments: