We spent a solid 3 days in our area this past week as the other three were spent in Rio Claro, São Carlos, and Piracicaba.
The reason for going to Rio Claro was because we had Zone Conference this last week. It was my very last one, so I had to get up and bear my testimony with all the other missionaries that are wrapping up their missions this transfer.The reason for going to São Carlos was because right after Zone Conference we had to do a companionship exchange.
When we finally came back to Leme on Thursday, we had to organize our crap to prepare to go to Piracicaba the very next day for leadership council.
Needless to say, it was a busy week with lots of bus and van rides, but we survived (because we splurged on açaí when we came back. Mmmm. Açaí. Our saving grace).
The best thing that happened this week, though, was the baptism of TIAGOOOOO!
He had been taught for a long time by other sisters, but we were all able to help him get everything organized so that he could be baptized! The day before his baptism we fasted with him to help him with his coffee addiction, and, after weeks of hearing him say that he simply couldn't stop drinking it, he went more than 24 hours without coffee!
Woohoo!!
It really was a miracle, and I'm super grateful that I was able to be a part of his process of conversion.
The talk I want to share this week is the following:
This past week we studied integrity as a mission, and I found this really good talk during my studies. He talks about not only being honest in the little things, but as well being honest with ourselves, or rather, being honest to our true selves and the absolute truth, which is God's truth.
Three Towels and a 25-Cent Newspaper














No comments:
Post a Comment