Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

April 2018


Easter Weekend 2018
Amy, Dad, me, Millie at The Wentworth, to participate in the Easter Egg Hunt Amy planned with her residents.

Amy and her two beautiful kids.
Four of my five beautiful kids at Amy's work for her Easter party.
Dying Easter eggs with Elise and Lucy
Traditional Easter Baskets made from milk jugs - started by my mom when I was growing up.




Easter Sunday 2018
Easter morning looking for the baskets.
The kids played an egg smashing game that was supposed to be these rubber eggs filled randomly with water. Since it was April 1st. I took real egg and poured it into a couple of the toy eggs. Miriam and Micah laughed about that trick but I still don't think Kaylee has forgiven me. I thought it was absolutely hilarious!
Jeannie, Dad, and Alexa on Easter Sunday with our traditional golden eggs hung from a tree (left background)
 Within the eggs, tell the story of the life and sacrifice of Jesus Christ.
I think mom is the first one who showed me the story like this.
(My dad's sister, Jeannie, now lives with him since my mom passed away.
I'm so glad my dad has her there so he isn't quite so lonely.) 
Kaylee took notes during General Conference.
 Her favorite talk, by Elder Lynn Robbins, was all about how everyone makes mistakes
 and to keep going and not get discouraged.


Spending Time Together
Joseph and I are trying to go hiking once a week for our date night.
 It doesn't cost a dime and we have a great time together!
Really cool looking tree from our hike.




Micah and His Creations
Joseph and I were at an Adoption's training class all day and when we got home,
we discovered Micah entertaining our two younger girls with his Brain-O-Tron.
(Nice side profile.)
Brain-O-Tron Mugshot
Micah made this little leprechaun trap out of craft scraps for St. Patrick's Day.
Later, he made it even more cool by painting it green with sprinkles of gold glitter. 

Medieval gloves, sword, and helmet entirely out of cardboard and silver duct tape.
The gloves and shoulder pads he also covered with silver tape after Joseph took this picture.




Nice Days Outside








Happy I LOVE YOU day
I just wanted to randomly surprise Joseph with a cute little date night.
I got Micah and Kaylee on board to help me. They were our adorable little servers 
for "The Attic" restaurant above our garage. 
(As you can see, it's pretty high class. ;) )
Micah made the menu and Kaylee drew a big heart on the white board for us. 
We had soft romantic music playing and we danced after the dinner was over.



Miriam Turns 15!!
Alexa photo bombing :)

Awesome, beautiful, and fun Miriam! We love you!!!
Kaylee having fun with her two grandpas on Miriam's birthday.




Family Night 





No comments: