Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Sunday, May 13, 2018

First Mother's Day Without Mom

Mom, I'm missing you especially hard today because I can't call you. I can't visit you. Oh, I wish so much I could be with you to thank you for everything in my life, to hug you and tell you what a blessing you are. You always took me and Amy out for dinner for Mother's Day weekend and always wrote us a sweet and loving card, telling us how happy you were to be our mom. (I always felt that you shouldn't have done such things for us on Mother's Day. It was our time to CELEBRATE YOU!!)  But you told us that your greatest joy was to see your daughters become mothers. I never ever once doubted your incredible love for us even as a kid when I knew I had done something to make you mad. You forgave me so quickly. Mom, I miss you and love you so much!! Thank you for your unwavering faith in God, the simple truth you taught by your example, "With God - nothing is impossible!" You had so many trials in life, so many hardships outside of your control, but you faced them head-on, with courage and bravery. You may not have felt brave in the moments when you cried, when you felt grief, fear, or depression, but mom, you were incredibly brave because you kept trying, you kept going, kept working hard, kept praying, kept believing, and never quit. Some people look for praise or recognition when they fight so valiantly but not you. You never once cared about popularity, you cared about people. You never once cared about material things, you cared about memories. You never cared about the latest fashion, you cared about being grateful for what you had and sought to help those less fortunate than you. Mom, you were an unsung hero, genuinely good, with the purest intentions to put forth your very best because you sincerely cared and deeply loved every person in your life. Thank you, thank you forever!! <3


No comments: