Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

May 2018

We kicked off the month celebrating Micah and Brendon's birthday. 
My, my...that's some impressive facial hair they grew! 
Even the cupcakes had mustaches.... A true celebration of manhood.




Millie Mustache :)



Spring Recital at Best In Music, in Orem
I absolutely love every recital! I love seeing my kids learning to play an instrument.  Miriam is advancing quickly in the violin and Kaylee's piano teacher says she has a gift. Sometimes, Micah practices his fiddle outside in our front yard and it's fun to see people stop and listen. I can't describe the joy it brings to my heart watching them grow in these talents. 




All Class Reunion at Provo High before they tear it down.
(Chandler, Miriam, Aunt Katherine, and Grandpa Rawlins)
Grandpa and Aunt Katherine went to this high school the first year it was built. 
Chandler and Miriam got to attend it until this Provo High's very last year standing.



Same steps in the photo below as the photo above. 
(Grandpa Rawlins is the one in the bottom left corner, dressed in black. 
Good looking guy!)



I home-school each of my kids up until the 9th grade. Then when they reach high school, I dual enroll them in online courses at home on the even days and they are on high school campus the odd days. They love it!

 Miriam and Chandler gave us a tour of some of their classes. 

See, you can tell by the look on Chandler's face.... he loves it. :)
Honestly, he really did love it... but when is it ever cool for a teenager to show they like school?


We got a little pool for the kids this Summer. It may be small but when the days are scorching hot, they don't really care. Anything to cool off makes them happy.


Memorial Day at Mom's grave with Grandpa Manwill




Miriam has always been our climber. I'm so glad we captured these pictures. 
So fitting of her fun, adventurous personality! 
She broke her arm about 3 years ago in a climbing accident. It took her a while to get comfortable with what she loved again but she made it back to her great love!



Almost every Wednesday our kids take turns visiting dad at his work for some one-on-one time with him. It was Micah's turn this day and so the rest of us walked along the parkway and waded in the river while Micah and dad had their time together. I like this picture of Miriam.




Every other month I cut hair for all our family. 
I think this is the only picture we have of me doing that since Chandler was a baby. 
It doesn't feel like that much time has passed though.

No comments: