Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Friday, October 5, 2018

Looking Up

I don't recall ever seeing it at this magnitude before. Maybe it's because word travels more quickly these days through news or social media. It just seems there are so many openly criticizing the church or just flat out leaving it, more hecklers who make their way into our conference meetings, more mocking, pointing fingers, and opposing voices at Christians in general.

I feel like our nation, our cities, our schools, even our homes and families are more polarized, more divided than ever before. I must admit that in today's world, it takes me a little more energy to avoid discouragement. I thirst more for the things of the Spirit, for truth, for heaven, the things that will enlighten and lift my soul, not drag me down and rob me of my hope or cripple my faith.

Joseph and I took the opportunity yesterday to attend the Temple in preparation to listen to the words of the Prophets and Apostles this weekend. I cannot express enough how much I am looking forward  to General Conference tomorrow and Sunday.

Even if everyone I knew, everyone who is close to me in my life were to fall away from the Church, to lose their faith, I could never abandon the truths that have become engraved upon my heart and soul. I have a testimony of this great and marvelous work that has been restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith. I am not ashamed of it. I know that God has called prophets on the earth today, to guide and direct us, to lead us in truth, to keep us from destructive paths, and to bring us to our Savior, Jesus Christ. My heart is forever grateful for the scriptures, for the power of daily personal prayer, for covenants made in the Temple, for fellowship among the saints, for eternal truths of family, of identity, and the worth of every soul in the sight of God. I love this gospel! I choose to keep looking up!

The Cost—and Blessings—of Discipleship

No comments: