Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Thursday, December 6, 2018

November 2018


"Did you take these with your Fisher Price camera, Alicia?"

Well yes... It appears so...

I must say though that blurry pictures are better than no pictures at all.


Micah and his friend, Bauer Pahl.

Painting at Alexa's work in Draper

Dad proudly holding one of Alexa's paintings.

Front: Kaylee, Amillia, Miriam, and Micah
Back: Conner, Chandler, Alexa, Dad, and Joseph  

Me and Alexa at her work, Painter's Palette, in Daybreak

Me and my girl!

Conner and Alexa <3

Trying a new way of decoration. Painting the windows with acrylic. I had so much fun with this!

Daddy-daughter date @ Joseph's work. The kids love the fall when they can get a hot chocolate
and stroll down the parkway in the Riverwoods.

Most of the school year, I've been taking Micah with me to my class. But this week I took Kaylee.
Afterward, she wanted to spend some time reliving old memories of when I used to take her and the other kids to visit dad. So we took a walk over to the Eyring building and got a picture up by the telescopes and planetarium. 

When we'd visit Joseph at BYU when he was studying Physics and Astronomy, the kids always loved to play on this ledge in the Eyring building. I would often look out the windows here daydreaming about the time I'd get my chance at BYU. Now I'm living my dream! I love that the kids have so many happy memories on campus here. 

Kaylee in the stairwell of the Eyring Building.

I saved up some money and surprised my family with a spontaneous date of an overnighter at a nice hotel.

Micah, Me, Miriam, and Millie

Me, Millie, and Micah

Miriam and Millie


Kaylee, just chillin'.

Chandler didn't feel like swimming so Joseph stayed out to keep him company.
They had some good conversations though. I've got some really wonderful men in my life! Love these guys!

We helped my dad with some yard work, went out to lunch, and then went back to his house to show him Wreck-it Ralph so he would be prepared to watch the sequel, Ralph Breaks the Internet, when it came to Thanksgiving Day.

Thanksgiving with the Nimers and my Dad

Thanksgiving with the Nimers and my Dad
My dad, Joseph, and the turkey I roasted. By the way, the turkey turned out super moist and flavorful. I was very pleased since this was my first ever! I think the secret is the brine.



Cory, Suzanne, and Kaylee

Happy little Amillia and Me

I couldn't help take some snap shots of Millie's hair-do. This particular morning was our therapy session appointment. Kaylee came with as part of the treatment. Amillia was so excited to do her own hair like a big girl and show her therapist how beautiful it was. Her therapist lavished her with praise in her cosmetology skills.  So adorable!





We finally got family photos with all five kids!
I loved how spontaneously we had these pictures taken. We didn't make any outfit purchases for this. I approached it all very casually and just let the kids pick a shirt out of what they already owned... this way seriously took all the stress out of it. It was awesome!!

 We got basic 8x10 photos of each of the photos below and one additional 10x13 of the whole family picture all for the total price of $35. Another score!!

But what makes me happiest, is to look at these pictures and know that I have a very, very good life. I can't think of anything that matters more to me than being with these six wonderful people. I am richly, richly blessed. Nothing matters more!









No comments: