How I survived this week is beyond me.
We kissed the cold weather goodbye last Sunday, and now the sun is trying to destroy us with all the power it posses over this country.
That and also I survived the bizarre world that is the world and life of a missionary.
We thought we found a golden investigator last week. He was so east to convince to be baptized. I told Sister Almeida after our first call with him that we had two options here: this man was crazy or gold. I said crazy. She said gold.
But after he spent all of our P Day sending messages and calling, Sister Almeida began to lean toward my side. We called him Monday night and taught the Restoration and invited him to pray about it. He messaged us three minutes after and said he had prayed. He also said that he saw me in his prayer and I'm forbidden to further share what more he said.
We blocked him.
Last night a drunk man decided I was the most beautiful thing he had seen in his life.
Quote of the night: Eu estou apaixonado por você, coisa linda.
We gave him - I gave him a panflet; he wouldn't accept it from Sister Almeida- and bounced on out of there.
We've been trying to help Vinicius progress, but he had quite a few reservations because he doesn't want to cause a rift between him and his wife. So we worked out a family night to try and meet his wife and let them get to know a couple in the ward. We decided to do fast because we needed divine help, and wouldn't you know that they both showed up, and his wife ended up really liking us and the couple. They still didn't come to church on Sunday, but we're still trying.
We've been trying to teach a part member family - a grandpa and his army of grandkids. He grandpa is a member, but his grandkids aren't. So we've been teaching them, however they don't seem super interested...
And then we discovered that the oldest granddaughter has been having "chats" with all the kids we invite to be baptized.
Seriously. Sunday a little girl told us that she wanted to be baptized after a lesson she had in primary. We left this girl alone with her cousin for 30 seconds and when the girl spoke to us again, she didn't want to be baptized anymore.
So that's obnoxious.
So after we discovered this stuff about this girl, we were feeling a little...grumpy. But you can't just stop working, so we went to work in the neighborhood. As we were on our way to our first visit, Sister Almeida spotted a house that I had randomly picked on our last visit, but I hadn't recognized. We decided to revisit, and our conversation just started simple. Then we got the subject of the gospel of Jesus Christ - Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Holy Ghost, Endure to the End - and as both of them were crying as we told them about the baptismal covenant, we invited them to be baptized. They both excepted.
Miracles are real.
BUT we need some prayers, because they have a feeeeew struggles with both The Law of Chastity and the Word of Wisdom...😬
So that's my week. Maybe I'll write in my journal this next week and have more details.
![]() |
| The group of old men that hang out in the park next to our house got curious about what we were doing every day. |

















No comments:
Post a Comment