"It's such a beautiful thing when you wake up with a solid dozen mosquito bites all over your legs and feet, including in the dead center of the arch of your foot. It really makes you wonder why they went through all the trouble to such your blood through your blankets and pajama bottoms and didn't go straight for you face.
I express gratitude that they didn't choose to do that, but it's still a legitimate question in my opinion.
Well, this past week I passed exactly one year since I opened my mission call. It’s pretty wild that it's already been that long. One year from now I'll be home again, and that's pretty mind-blowing as well.
Remember that couple that accepted to be baptized that I mentioned in my other email? Well, we've been maintaining daily contact with them, teaching the lessons and leaving scriptures for them to read. They're progressing extremely well; they read everyday together, they came to church on Sunday and they loved it, and they're completely open to our daily phone calls. We taught them a pretty direct lesson on the Law of Chasity, and, along with agreeing to get their wedding in order, they invited us to be the witnesses.
They came to church yesterday as well, and they loved everything they heard, and after a lesson on the plan of Salvation, they told us that they were willing to do anything to get to the Celestial Kingdom.
Also, just a side note, we invited Vinicius to yet another Bible study, and his poor little head was a little confused about all the talk of baptisms for the dead and kingdoms of glory in Paul's letter to the Corinthians.
We had Zone Conference on Thursday.
President Card spoke a lot about really working and inviting with our purpose in mind, which is: Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.
We did a companionship split with Sister Dias and Sister Souza immediately after and decided to give this new form of introducing ourselves a shot during the splits and marked a baptismal date with yet another person on the first contact. We'll see if this doesn't make the number of people joining the church doesn't spike.
This email still isn't very long and that's because I'm texting the whole thing so I'm freaking dying of rage, but it's fine. We're all fine here.
I have an invitation for everyone this time around and that's to hunt down and read a talk called Becoming a Consecrated Missionary by Tad R. Callister.
This talk was given to missionaries specifically, but he teaches many truths that I think apply to being a member of the church as well. We can apply it to becoming consecrated disciples of Jesus Christ.
Okay, I'm done with this email and this stupid little excuse for a keyboard."
.........................
Miriam sent this picture of her and her companion's watches to show their ghetto repair job.
Whatever works! I always say, "functionality before fashion".











No comments:
Post a Comment