Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Saturday, November 25, 2023

Micah's 1st Area - Ciudad Frontera - 1st Week


Final day at the Provo MTC


So I'm in México now and that's pretty rad. I'm in a beautiful place called Frontera! It's very colorful, and very tropical.

My new companion, Élder Christensen, is great. We work really hard together, but he's also chill, so we have fun together. I'm really lucky to have him as my trainer!
So, Saturday was my first actual day doing missionary work! We eat lunch with members every day here (except P days). On Saturday we ate with Hermano May, I ate a bit of a habanero, and May thought that was pretty funny to watch.
We do a lot of knocking doors, but here, most the houses have walls around them to prevent theft, so "knocking doors" usually just means standing by the gate and yelling "¡buenas tardes!" or "¡buenas noches!". It's all pretty fun. Today there's some festival thing going on. Something about "Revolución Mexicana"? It's pretty cool. So I have a picture from that, lots of people on horseback. I wasn't able to get a better picture, but most of the people on the horses were wearing traditional Mexican clothes, then soldiers were in the parade n stuff, lots of fun.
I've got stories to tell, and more pictures I'd like to share, but I don't like writing terribly long emails, so if you follow me on Facebook, you might see some more pictures on my stories or something. 

I will share one experience though; my companion has been teaching this young boy named David, who's about 12? He seems super interested in the gospel, and he was the first real lesson I went to. Tomorrow we plan to teach him about prayer. But just during that first lesson, it was amazing to see how happy he was to see us, and how happy he was as we taught him. It made me kinda realize a little more what this work is about, and the light this gospel brings into the lives of others. With that, I know I'm doing the Lord's work, en el nombre de Jesucristo, amén. 

So now here's some cool pictures from my first 2-3 days here in bonito Frontera, and from my arrival in México
 














No comments: