Thanksgiving happened, so that's pretty rad.
So earlier in the week we met this lady (her name is tricky. It's like Naomi, but not, and I can't ever remember what it actually is, so I'll just call her Naomi) while knocking doors, she listened to a little message, was super nice, gave us food and water, and agreed to have us come back. We set up another appointment, but we ended up missing that appointment because we had to travel to Carmen for district counsel, and were late coming back. We went back a day or two later to see if we could finally meet with her again. So we go over to her house, and she's sitting on the porch laughing with 2 of her friends. So they welcome us in, get us chairs, and it was me, my companion, and three very funny 30 year old Mexican women, one of which I think was a little drunk? Naomi fed us barbecue chicken and Pepsi, which was pretty rad, then we just sat and talked with them for a bit and didn't end up getting a chance to actually teach a lesson cause the other 2 ladies kept calling each other things, and apparently the drunk one was hitting on us pretty hard. I still don't speak Spanish, so I don't know what she was saying, but apparently it was bad enough that my comp felt like he "needed to repent". Through it all though, Naomi was trying to be respectful of us, and actually asked quite a few questions, so if nothing else, they learned a little more about missionaries and the work we do. We set another time to go back, so hopefully we'll actually be able to teach a lesson this time.
I had a lot of people tell me that the women here would hit on me because I'm a white man, but I didn't realize how right they were until I got here.
Me and my comp were flagged down on our way to an appointment by this really nice family (not members, or anyone that we had met before), whose son just got a new tie, but didn't know how to tie it, so I got to teach him how, and that was pretty cool.
I'm called "Vaquero" (Spanish for cowboy) at least once a day, so that's pretty rad.
I know this is the Lord's work, that God is aware of each and every one of His missionaries, and is watching over us. I'm very thankful for that, and I'm thankful for nice people like Naomi that make the countless rejections and insults we receive all worth it. It's the small things that keep us going, and for that reason, I know God is mindful of our needs, and knows exactly who to put in our paths to make being a missionary a little easier. En el nombre de Jesucristo, amén.
Here's some pictures for y'all.
![]() |
| Thanksgiving Dinner |















No comments:
Post a Comment